The advantage of AMCO Integrity over others is that AMCO can conduct both on-site services and post-outage life assessment work. Our historical expertise over years has been in integrity and life assessment of power and process plant.
This means that, when we review historical operations and maintenance data, we properly understand what to look for and what needs to be inspected and tested during outage. We can therefore direct and co-ordinate our testing and inspection teams to undertake the most appropriate tests in the right spots, ensuring the most productive use of your outage time, to gather the most useful testing data and samples for analysis.
We can then, if required, analyse the data and samples and provide you with life assessment reporting and forward thinking operations and maintenance recommendations, or even develop maintenance plans for you, as you require.
Whether your need is for one-off replication services, other NDE on-site services or life assessment – or if you want one group to design, manage and run your entire outage and life assessment process – AMCO can assist.
What We Can Provide?
(1) Pre outage planning and management
- Includes detailed technical analysis of historical operations and maintenance data, plant drawings etc.
- Provides you the best outage plan, with the right tests at the critical test sites for your plant needs, to maximize the usefulness of any outage work.
(2) Outage management and operations
- You provide the safety training and plant orientation, we provide, manage and co-ordinate the testing teams, to ensure a smooth outage.
(3) Provision of on-site services
- Includes all NDT (visual inspection, metallographic replication, boroscopy, hardness testing, ultrasonic testing, phased array testing, magnetic particle testing, penetrant testing, remote field eddy current testing, internal rotational inspection etc).
- For ‘boat sampling’, our own state-of-the-art Electrical Discharge Sampling Equipment(EDSE), developed in collaboration with international partners in Japan, can cut out slices between 1 to 20mm thick, from thick section components, using spark erosion technique. This leaves cavities with rounded edges that usually do not require repair – this revolutionizes the cutting process.
- For early stage damage detection such as creep cavitation, AMCO use our unique Integrity Scanning Force Microscope (I-SFM). This is a portable version of the Atomic Force Microscope, which has been designed by AMCO (in collaboration with industry partners) for on-site use. It can be attached directly to metallic or non-metallic components during your outage and detects creep cavitation at the nano scale, producing real-time data and 3D images for analysis.
(4) Post-outage analysis services and reporting
- On all issues including life assessment (deterministic or probabilistic), failure analysis, FFS, RBI planning, crack assessment etc.
- Can include advance planning based on this information for future outages, development of operations and maintenance plans etc.